With 30 iPads, 60 laptops and a Mac Suite for our 220 pupils, we place digital skills at the centre of the education of pupils at Queen’s Manor.
Technology is an important tool in both the society we live in and in the process of teaching and learning. Children are living in a world of rapid technological change and we must support them in their development of the knowledge, skills and understanding to confront, manage and lead these changes in the future. Technology is an important tool for learning and the key to raising standards across the curriculum.
At Queen’s Manor Primary School we aim to:
- Develop our pupils as responsible, competent, confident and creative users of technology.
- Use technology purposefully in order to drive forward developments in learning and teaching.
- Embed ICT and Computing at the heart of our curriculum to enrich all areas of learning and life at Queen’s Manor.
- Empower the whole school community to appreciate the cultural relevance and importance of technology in our society and as an essential learning tool.
QM Digital Leaders
The Queen’s Manor Digital Leaders team aims to promote ICT and Computing throughout our school and wider community both locally and nationally. We hope to ensure that all members of our community can become empowered to use technology to enhance both their learning and their wider lives. We want to create a Digital Society where all members of our community are aware of their responsibilities as Digital Citizens and where all feel comfortable and confident to access technology at their own level. Therefore, embedded throughout everything we do is an emphasis on Digital Citizenship, including E-Safety, in order to ensure the well being of all.
Digital Leader Roles & Responsibilities
Digital Leaders at Queen’s Manor will:
- Help teachers with teaching and technical support;
- Be positive about technology at Queen’s Manor;
- Update their class page on the school website;
- Share their ideas for good uses of technology;
- Try new software, hardware and test new ideas with technology;
- Be good role models for all pupils, staff and parents at Queen’s Manor.